February 19, 2013

npbm- MLKJ Quote Day

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
This is the quote I am to respond to today. My question is: "Which is easier for you? To love or to hate?" It is far easier for me to feel something in the middle like indifference. But if I had to pick one, it would be to love. I don't really think I hate any single person. Sure I don't like some people, and I would really like to avoid being around them at many costs, but I don't hate them. I think that it takes a lot of effort to hate someone. Hate stirs up bitterness because hate is like a blister and in the end it will only cause you oodles of pain. Love, on the other hand, also requires your time and energy. Whether you love a person or a thing, you end up having to commit time to this person or practice to maintain interest in it/them. Love is cooler. When you love you know you can give hugs out for free and not have to restrain yourself from sticking a knife in the hugee's back. This kind of reminds me of my Sunday school lessons on forgiveness- it's not just for the other person; it's for you too. Forgiveness, like love, helps unload burdens and change minds, which I'm sure you'll agree are two great causes. Love is a healthier choice that you can always be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment